Thai Style Mango Rice Pudding
Looking for a tasty dessert recipe that doesn’t take much time to prepare? Our delicious Thai Style Mango Rice Pudding recipe is the perfect solution. Our video takes you through it step by step to keep it simple.
This recipe is easy to cook and only includes a few ingredients but makes for a delicious rice pudding. Although this dish is simple, it’s still full of flavour and provides a pretty healthy dessert too. The dish couldn’t be easier to cook when using our VeeTee Heat & Eat rice and takes no time at all. You can add the rice straight to the pan and it takes just 2 minutes to cook.
VeeTee Heat & Eat
rice is easy to cook and comes in a range of different flavours. We have used delicious VeeTee Thai Jasmine rice
for this recipe which is perfect for puddings.
What you need to get
- 2 trays VeeTee Thai Jasmine Rice
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100ml tinned evaporated milk
- 75ml condensed milk
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 20g coconut cream (optional)
- 1 medium mango, diced
What you need to do
- Pour the semi-skimmed and evaporated milk into a saucepan and warm through over a medium heat for 10 minutes. Do not boil. Add the condensed milk and stir gently until combined.
- Add the Thai Jasmine rice trays to the saucepan and heat for 2-3 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the coconut milk and coconut cream, and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed and the mixture has thickened.
- Pour the rice pudding into a glass, top with the mango and serve immediately.
Tips: If you want to serve a dessert with the wow-factor, create this dish in layers: create the bottom layer with the coconut rice, followed by a layer of mango puree and repeat. Top off with whipped cream before garnishing with fresh, diced mango.