Thai Baked Tofu & Vegetable Rice
Another great Thai-style dish from VeeTee, this time including tofu! Ideal for those on a vegetarian diet or just trying to eat a bit healthier!
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Thai Jasmine Rice
- 150g extra firm tofu
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp grated lemongrass (white part only) or lemongrass purée
- 1 tsp ginger, grated (galangal as an alternative)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 handfuls of frozen green peas
- 8-10 button mushrooms, halves
- 1 large carrot, finely shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
What you need to do
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas mark 6.
- Rinse and drain the tofu. Cut into 2cm thick slices and place between clean kitchen towels (or paper towels). Place a heavy object such as a cutting board on top to press out any excess liquid. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Cut the tofu into 2cm cubes and toss in a bowl with 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
Spread the tofu cubes evenly onto a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes. Flip over and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes, until the tofu is toasted and chewy. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, lemongrass,
ginger, garlic, and red chilli flakes, cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in the peas, mushrooms, carrot and red bell pepper. Cook for 10 minutes on a medium heat. Stir in the remaining soy sauce and lime juice.
- Heat the VeeTee Thai Lime & Herb Rice according to pack instructions.
Mix into the pan with the tofu and stir gently. Tofu should not break.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander and parsley. Serve immediately.
Tips: Perfect served with a cucumber salad and soy sauce.