Southern Spicy Rice
A tasty, rustic dish that is great for dinner. Leftovers make the perfect cold rice lunchbox snack too.
What you need to get
- 2 traysVeeTee Peri Peri Rice
- 115g chorizo, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 large courgette, sliced
- 1-2 tsp hot paprika or chilli powder
- 115g cherry tomatoes, halved
- small handful of chopped basil or parsley
- squeeze of lemon juice
What you need to do
- Fry the chorizo, onion, pepper and courgette together in a large frying pan. There should be enough oil in the chorizo but add a drizzle of olive oil if you prefer. Cook until browned then add the spice and fry for a further minute.
- Heat the rice according to the pack instructions and add to the pan, gently breaking up with a spatula.
- Stir in the tomatoes, herbs and lemon juice if using and coat the rice completely in the smoky ingredients. Serve.
Tips: Serve on its own or with bread and salad or add prawns or chicken for a more substantial meal.