Smoked Haddock, Parsley & Gruyère Fishcakes
"These are a little bit special and the whole Howells clan love them. They are also unexpectedly easy to make. I've tried several variations too, including; lemon & dill sauce with salmon, and Mozzarella & cheese sauce with a cod and Cheddar cheese centre." - VeeTee Member Stacey Howells.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Basmati Rice
- 2 large boneless smoked Haddock fillets
- 1 sachet parsley sauce
- 60g Gruyère cheese, divided into 4 portions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- oil for frying
What you need to do
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas mark 4.
- Wrap the fish fillets in foil and bake for around 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare the parsley sauce and microwave the VeeTee Basmati Rice according to pack instructions. Mix the parsley sauce and rice together in a saucepan and heat through on low heat until the sauce has become thick and creamy. Remove from the heat, stirring continuously.
- Remove the fish from the oven and flake away from the skin, stir into the parsley mix and the rice, season to taste and divide into 4 portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball and insert a piece of Gruyère cheese into the centre, ensuring that the chese stays in place and is not exposed, then flatten into a round shape.
- Put the beaten egg and the breadcrumbs into seperate bowls,
- Coat each fishcake with egg, then roll into the breadcrumbs and shallow fry on a low heat for about 10 minutes each side or until crispy and golden. Serve immediately.