Simple Tomato & Prawn Masala
This tasty Simple Prawn & Tomato Masala is easy to cook and made easy with VeeTee Heat & Eat rice. Try something healthy with this tasty dish.
What you need to get
- 2 trays VeeTee Basmati Rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, cut into 6 wedges
- 6 ripe tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 3cm of fresh root ginger, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp masala curry paste
- 400g shelled raw king prawns
- 250g frozen peas
- salt & pepper
- coriander and lime wedges, to serve
What you need to do
- Reserve 8 of the tomato wedges, then place the remainder in a food processor with the ginger and garlic and blend for 1 minute.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan then cook the onions over a medium heat until soft and beginning to brown, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the curry paste to the pan and cook out for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato mix and remaining tomato wedges, then place over a high heat for 5 minutes, stirring so the sauce doesn’t catch on the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the prawns and peas; simmer gently until prawns are pink and just cooked through, adjust the seasoning.
- Meanwhile cook the rice according to instructions and divide into warmed bowls, place the prawn curry on top.
- Scatter with coriander, and serve immediately with the lime wedges.
Tips: Use 1 heaped teaspoon of ginger purée if you don't have any root ginger.