Sam’s Spanish Sausage Rice
"This dish is perfect for those autumnal days when you need a bit of Mediterranean sunshine and some good, old-fashioned comfort food. It only takes 45 minutes maximum which makes it even better." - VeeTee Member, Sam Hunt
What you need to get
- 2 trays VeeTee Basmati Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g chorizo, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 1 yellow pepper, cubed
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 10g parmesan shavings
What you need to do
- In a large frying pan, fry the onions in the olive oil until soft and translucent, add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes, then stir in the chorizo and fry off until the chorizo starts to go soft and colours the onions and garlic.
- Add the peppers and cook gently for 3 minutes. Mix in the VeeTee Basmati Rice and heat for 2-3 minutes, allowing the rice to absorb the flavours in the pan.
- Pour in the remaining ingredients, excluding the basil and parmesan,
bring to the boil and then simmer until all of the liquid is absorbed into the rice.
Season to taste, and serve immediately topped with the basil leaves and parmesan shavings.
Tips: Perfect served with rocket leaves and garlic dough balls.