Rice & Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes
Fulfilling, nourishing and very tasty, rice-stuffed tomatoes are a household classic. Delicious as a light summer lunch.
What you need to get
- 2 traysVeeTeeWholegrain Rice & Quinoa
- 6 beef tomatoes
- 6 smoked streaky bacon rashers
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 100g mozarella cheese, grated
What you need to do
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F or Gas Mark 6. Cut the top off the tomatoes and scrape out the tomato flesh into bowl leaving a firm shell.
- Grill the bacon until crispy, cool, then chop.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the tomato flesh, pepper and onion. Cover and simmer over a low heat for 10-15 minutes until almost all of the liquid has disappeared.
- Remove from the heat, add rice and bacon to the pan and season to taste.
- Place the mixture into the tomato shells and sprinkle with bread crumbs and the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Line a baking dish with parchment and transfer the tomatoes to the dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until piping hot throughout.