Peruvian Chicken & Avocado Salad
If you’re looking to broaden your experience of the culinary world from within your own kitchen, here’s a recipe for you. Our Peruvian Chicken & Avocado Salad offers a great alternative to heavy curries, bursting with fresh ingredients.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Wholegrain Brown Rice & Quinoa
- 100g tinned sweetcorn
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 75g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- fresh coriander leaves roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 lime zest and juice
- ½ long red chilli, finely chopped (deseed if you don’t like it too hot)
- 1 ripe but firm avocado
- 200g skinless, cold, cooked roast chicken, cut into chunky pieces
What you need to do
- Tip the VeeTee wholegrain and quinoa rice into a bowl, fluff with a fork and toss with the olive oil, sweetcorn, tomatoes, coriander, spring onions, lime zest and chilli. Season well with black pepper.
- Halve and stone the avocado. Scoop out the flesh with a large metal spoon, cut into slices and combine with the lime juice.
- Add the chicken pieces and avocado to the salad and toss gently together before serving.