Naan Bread Salad topped with Curried Chicken
This delightfully light but filling Asian-inspired stacked dish will satisfy a curry lover in you for sure! Perfect as a light dinner meal or an impressive starter to wow your dinner guests.
What you need to get
- 1 VeeTee Pilau rice
- 2 Naan breads, shop bought or make your own
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 Small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Red chilli, de-seeded and chopped
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 4tbsp Mango chutney
- 2tbsp Medium curry powder
- 1tbsp Grated ginger
- 4tbsp Soya sauce
- 5g Mint, roughly chopped
- 5g Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2tbsp Cumin seeds
- Juice of a lime to taste
What you need to do
- Pre-heat your oven to 200*c gas 6.
- Place the chicken breast between two pieces of cling film and batten out with a rolling pin until even in thickness.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken and sprinkle over the curry powder, rub into the chicken and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- With the eggs make an omelette using a little of the oil. Roll up and cut into strips and leave until needed.
- In a mixing bowl, add the red onion, cucumber, mint, coriander, chilli, lime juice and cumin seeds with a little salt, mix well and leave until needed.
- Warm the Naan bread in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to the packs instructions.
- Place a naan onto a serving plate and spread the mango chutney over.
- Loosen the cooked rice with a fork and add to the naan.
- Slice the chicken, arrange over the rice.
- Spoon over the salad and serve.
Tips: Why not to replace chicken with beef or lamb next time?