Lemon & Lime Rice
With a Zing of fresh citrus flavours, this Lemon & Lime rice is guaranteed to be a hit with the whole family.
What you need to get
- 200g Veetee Mega Basmati, washed and drained
- 1 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 10 Fresh curry leaves
- 10 Cashew nuts
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted peanuts
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 60g Frozen sweetcorn, defrosted
- 1 Lime, juice and zest
- 1 Lemon, juice and zest
- 1 Tsp Salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp Desiccated coconut, to garnish
What you need to do
- Put the rice and double the quantity of water by volume in a heavy saucepan and season with salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, stir and cover. Cook for 10 minutes until done. Reserve.
- In a separate pan, heat the oil and fry the mustard seeds until they pop.
- Add the curry leaves, cashew nuts and the peanuts. Reduce heat.
- When the cashews are slightly brown, add the turmeric.
- Take off the fire at once and pour in the lemon and lime juice. Season with salt.
- Gently fold the rice and zests into this mixture and serve hot with a sprinkling of coconut.