Lamb Kofta & Rice
This boldly flavoured dish is great on a cold winter night or even
What you need to get
For the kofta
- 150g Lean lamb mince
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 Green chilli, chopped finely
For the Rice
- 200g Veetee Mega Basmati, washed and drained
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 3 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Handful Coriander, chopped
What you need to do
- Combine the ingredients for the koftas
- Form into cherry sized balls. Heat the oven to 220C. Line a baking tray with foil and bake the meatballs for 10 minutes. Reserve.
- Tip in the rice and carrot fry for a minute. Add the spice powders and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in double the amount of water by volume to rice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is fluffy and done, for 10 minutes. Rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, gently loosen the rice with a fork, fold in the meatballs and top with coriander.
- Combine the ingredients for the meatballs.
In the meantime, heat the oil in a pan and fry the cloves and cinnamon until they sizzle.