Grilled Mackerel with Potato & Chorizo
If you’re struggling to find simple and healthy recipes to keep you on-track throughout the week, we’ve got the perfect solution - Grilled Mackerel with Potato & Chorizo.
This recipe is great for a post-workout meal, as it’s bursting with flavour, has all the nutrients you need to refuel. A perfect tasty meal that is great served with VeeTee Heat & Eat rice
Not only is our Grilled Mackerel with Potato & Chorizo quick and tasty, it’s also really good for you. Mackerel is an unsung superfood, highly regarded as a source of essential fatty acids. What’s more, our VeeTee Long Grain Rice
contains no artificial flavourings, colourings or preservatives, so you can rest assured that you’re enjoying a healthy meal.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Basmati and Wild Rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 50g chorizo, cubed
- ½ can of cannellini beans (200g)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large potato, peeled, cooked and diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 fresh mackerel fillets, halved
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
What you need to do
- Preheat the grill to a medium / high heat.
- Place a large frying pan on a high heat and stir-fry the chopped onion and chorizo for 1-2 minutes until the chorizo oil is released. Drain and rinse the beans and add to the pan, followed by the garlic, diced potato and paprika. Move around the pan until the potatoes and chorizo become crisp.
- Place mackerel fillets on a non-stick baking tray, skin side up, and season. Grill for 4-5 minutes, flip over, and grill for a further 4-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Divide the bean and chorizo mixture between two plates and top with the mackerel. Sprinkle over the parsley and serve alongside VeeTee Basmati and Wild Rice.