Easy Tuna Pitta Pockets
This ingenious recipe makes the perfect snack and a delicious treat. Ready in just 10 minutes it's made easy using VeeTee Heat & Eat rice so give it a go!
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee VeeTee Long Grain Rice
- 160g canned tuna, drained
- ½ medium red apple, diced
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp low fat fromage frais
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 4 medium pitta breads, cut in half widthways to make pockets
- spinach or leafy lettuce leaves
- X X
- X X
What you need to do
- Heat the VeeTee Long Grain Rice according to pack instructions.
- In a bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients together with the rice except the pitta breads and salad.
- Fill each pitta pocket with the salad leaves followed by the rice mixture and serve immediately.
Tips: You could always use tortillas instead of pitta breads! Pineapple can also make a great alternative to apple.