Easy Beef Biryani
This Beef Biryani rice recipe is a simple, traditional Indian meal. Enjoy with a warm naan bread and some onion bhajis, poppadums, mango chutney and our delicious Pilau rice
for that extra special dinner.
For a simplified recipe that uses a jar of already made sauce follow our step-by-step video.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Pilau Rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- ¼ tsp mace powder
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g beef steak, finely sliced
- 1 beef stock cube
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 3 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp water
What you need to do
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions until softened. Add the turmeric,
ginger, mace, cardamom, garam masala, and garlic clove and fry until the aromas are released.
- Add the beef and stir-fry on a high heat until sealed for approx 2-3 minutes. Crumble the stock cube with 3-4 tsp of water & mix well.
- Mix the VeeTee Pilau Rice to the pan and fry on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until well combined and the rice is heated through.
- Turn off the heat, and then stir in the yoghurt, mint and coriander
- Adjust the seasoning and add a splash of water to make it moist but not sloppy. Serve immediately.
Tips: If you've got chicken or lamb waiting to be used, feel free to swap that in place of the beef! It'll taste just as great!