Coffee & Caramel Rice Cheesecake
"When I want to treat my friends, this stunning cheesecake never fails to impress. The VeeTee Rice adds a delicious creamy bite that surprises everyone." - VeeTee Member, Misty Deacon.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Long Grain Rice
- For the Base:
- 300g plain digestive biscuits, crushed into crumbs
- 150g butter, melted
- For the Cheesecake:
- 750g cream cheese
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 tsp instant coffee mixed with a drop of hot water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- For the Caramel Sauce:
- 70g butter
- 70g caster sugar
- 80ml double cream
- walnuts for decoration
What you need to do
- Preheat the oven to 180ºCC/gas mark 4.
- Mix the digestive crumbs & melted butter to form a doughy consistency.
Press into the bottom of a greased, spring form cake tin and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese and 250g of caster sugar together. Mix the instant coffee with a drop of hot water to dissolve and add this to the mix. Stir in the VeeTee Long Grain Rice and eggs. Pour over the base and return to the oven for approx.
- For the caramel sauce, dissolve the remaining sugar in a pan. Once it takes colour, add the butter and double cream. Swirl in the pan until the sauce thickens into a caramel consistency.
- When the cheesecake is still a little bit wobbly in the middle, remove from the oven and cover the top with caramel sauce. Decorate with walnuts and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy within 24 hours.