Chorizo & Mixed Bean Quesadillas
Deliciously moreish quesadillas, oozing with cheesy beans and spicy rice!
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Peri Peri Rice
- 200g mixed beans
- ½ a red onion, sliced
- ½ a green pepper, sliced
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 100g chorizo sausage, diced
- 100g Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- 1 tbsp oil, for frying
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander, to garnish
What you need to do
- Microwave VeeTee Peri Peri rice for 2 minutes, according to pack instructions.
- Combine all ingredients with the rice.
- Divide the cheese and rice mixture between the tortillas, sprinkling one half of each tortilla evenly with the rice mix.
- Fold each tortilla in half and press down firmly. Stack the quesadillas on a plate and set aside.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat until hot.
- Brush the pan lightly with oil. Cook each quesadilla for 2 minutes on either side until lightly toasted. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas, brushing the pan with oil between batches.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve immediately.