Chicken meatball pilaf
A hearty dish that will keep the cold out during a cold winters eve.
What you need to get
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 150g Chicken mince
- 1 Small handful, Coriander leaves, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 Onion, sliced finely
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 200g Veetee Mega Basmati rice, washed and drained
- 1 Handful, chopped mint
- 1 tsp Handful Coriander, chopped
- 400ml Chicken stock
What you need to do
- Combine the ingredients for the meatballs.
- Form into cherry sized balls. Heat the oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with foil and bake the meatballs for 10 minutes. Reserve.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onions until golden brown and crisp. Drain and remove onto kitchen paper.
- Add the cinnamon to the pan. Fry until it changes colour, then tip in the rice, herbs and stock.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is fluffy and done, for 10 minutes. Rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, gently loosen the rice with a fork, fold in the meatballs and top with mint and coriander.