Cajun Style Crab Cakes
Ready in under 30 minutes, these delicious crab cakes from VeeTee are certain to impress your guests. They're Cajun-style too so there's a bit of a kick.
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Long Grain Rice
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ tsp English mustard powder
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 300g fresh crab meat
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
What you need to do
- In a bowl, mix the egg whites, mayonnaise, Cajun seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning, chopped spring onions and mustard powder. Combine thoroughly and then add the breadcrumbs and crab.
- Using your hands, mould the mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the patties, and cook for 5-6 minutes. Flip over and cook for a further 5-6 minutes until patties are cooked through, golden brown and crispy.
- Microwave VeeTee Long Grain rice according to pack instructions and serve up your soul food.