Cajun Rice & Beans
This simple recipe is easy to cook but still delicious and full of flavour. Eat as a main dish or as a tasty side and ready in just 20 minutes!
What you need to get
- 1 tray VeeTee Long Grain Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 60g chorizo, diced
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 400g tin of red kidney beans, drained
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
What you need to do
- Heat oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and sauté 4 minutes.
- Add chorizo, Cajun seasoning and garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add beans and tomatoes to pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the rice, heat for 2 minutes or until heated through and serve immediately.