Veetee is one of the largest rice mills in the UK, with a group turnover circa £150m.
Delivering great tasting products for our customers and consumers is our sole focus. Using state-of-the-art milling, grading, sortexing and packing facilities we supply dry rice products to the highest standards. Our responsibility to the public is paramount and we continually invest into our manufacturing facilities to improve both product quality and efficiencies, whilst ensuring we meet the stringent safety requirements of the food industry.
Strict quality management processes ensure our products meet the highest health and safety requirements of the food industry:
- Rice comes in various different formats, varieties and qualities. We work closely with our suppliers to ensure that only the very best quality is selected for shipment
- The husked rice is cleaned, de-stoned and before being sea-freighted to our mill in the UK
- If producing white rice we use leading technology to whiten & polish the grains, ensuring efficient bran removal to give the grains an appealing clean white appearance.
- Our optical sorters look at each individual grains of rice detecting shape, length and colour to guarantee uniformity and an average grain length.
- Broken rice is sifted out and packaged specifically for customers who require broken grains, meaning less wastage
- We employ an environmentally friendly pest control system which avoids the use of environmentally damaging chemicals and gases.
- The rice is packaged into various formats designed to appeal to a range of different customer groups, from 500g packs to 1 tonne bags
As experts in rice, Veetee holds a number of accreditations and associations:
- Kosher Certified
- Soil Association
- Vegetarian Society Approved
- The Microwave Association
- UK Rice Association
- Campden BRI
As a major private label supplier we ensure our manufacturing processes and standards consistently deliver food products of the highest quality. We pride ourselves on being a trusted and safe supplier, and believe that it is through our value of integrity that we maintain such long standing business relationships with our customers.
We are committed to manufacturing products to the highest quality. This requires an obsessive attention to detail within our business which stretches beyond the products we make - it is our way of working, and we strive to deliver the highest quality in all aspects of our work, from our technical support through to our accounts function and the customer relationships.